Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Time zones and weather

Speaking of weather, Romania looks realllly cold. I have bought snow boots, thermal underwear and lots of gloves since I am going to lose my thumb and forefinger on the left hand if I am not careful.

Here is a website with the time zones in various places:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personalapplet.html?cities=70,58,141,49

Poland and Spain are in the same time zone, Romania is one hour ahead, or 8 hours ahead of Dallas or something like that, why isn't time on the metric system?!

The Dallas real estate market is continuing to slide, the longer I put off buying, the better.

I'm leaving Saturday around 5 pm for Romania, I'll be in Bucarest Sunday evening, then 2 hours to Constanta on the Black Sea. That's the great thing about refineries, they are always on beautiful bodies of water. Well, except my next trip, to Chicago, where the refinery is on the Des Plaines river.

Here is where I'm staying in Romania, I think it is right next to a castle. The history goes back 2500 years.
http://www.turism.ro/english/black_sea.php

I'll be traveling to Romania at least 2 weeks every other month. I have the option of flying coach and essentially the company will give me the money for an extra ticket. Anyone want to join me when it gets warmer?

Love,
Val

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow !! Romania - What is the latitude there ? Sounds like it's further North than I thought. Can I come with you in July ????

Good luck with that staying warm thing !! Stephanie is stocking up on cold weather gear also, as she expects to go North for college.

Diane said...

I want to go to Amsterdam! Get them to send you there!
I also want to go to Italy and Spain and Australia and England (even though i've been to england before.. now that i'm older... I can go to liverpool and appreciate the history of the Beatles)

Its cold in San Antonio right now and my arthritis is absolutely out of control. I don't think I can go anywhere where it's cold!

Kristin said...

I'd love to go, too. Do you think I can count the kids as carry-on?

Anonymous said...

I would love to go sometime, but don't want to prevent someone else from going with you...let me know if there's a time when you want company, and it doesn't work with other family member's schedules.

Stay warm! :o)