Sunday, January 27, 2008

News from Romania







Well, not so much to write about here, we are staying in Mamaia, where almost everything is closed for the winter. There are so many stray dogs running around, the story is that after the fall of Communism, people couldn't feed their dogs so they turned them out into the streets. Doesn't seem to be any concept of fixing the dogs.



Yesterday, we went to the city of Constanza, in general everything is so bleak here - the economy is not so good. The mall has a Sephora and a Body Shop. Haven't seen a Starbucks, though!

The Black Sea is beautiful - no one here now, but it will be wall to wall people in the summer. That's me in front of a wooly mammoth tusk. There are alot of Roman ruins here.
The TV has 3 or 4 channels in English with Romanian subtitles, including HBO. I could watch the Spanish telenovelas if I wanted, with Romanian subtitles, but I don't want to strain my brain.
Anyway, I am keeping warm, the food isn't too bad, and I have adjusted well to the time zone.
Valerie



1 comment:

Ginny Axtell said...

Glad to hear you're staying warm and that the food is OK. We miss you here! The day you left, I had an email from an international living website about what a great buy condos are in Bucharest! Think I would opt for a warmer climate.