Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The "After"




Here it is! It looks a lot more cozy now and we sleep a little later with less light!

We've always been leery of hanging something heavy over the bed. Who knows what natural disaster might strike and send it descending upon our heads. I was inspired by a picture I saw in a magazine. It was a headboard constructed of 12x12 squares of several wallpaper designs mounted on foam board. The catch was that the wallpaper they selected was $150-$200/roll. I don't know how you would attain just a 12x12 square, so I was prepared to order some decorative paper from a paper store I like (www.hollanders.com). Then I was browsing at Target and found a packet of scrapbooking paper that matched the "theme." Voila!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I love that shade of green! And great fabric for the curtains. I just might have to steal your wallhanging idea ;)

Ginny Axtell said...

AND...I found the bedskirt (plain off-white velvet) for $5.00 while pawing through a 75% discount bin at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I glued on ribbon from an ebay site (Penelope's Garden). They have great medieval and renaissance designs!

Unknown said...

Mom, I love your design ideas. I am just now looking around my home with fresh eyes. I am trying to get a ToDo list together before June. I like having a target date. Of course, I spend so much time corralling clutter & paper, nothing much else gets done !!!