Friday, February 15, 2008

Weather & Taxes


Well, what a great post already !! Weather & Taxes. In a feat of super human cunning & strength, I finalized our taxes by 2/13. This will never happen again !! (Until maybe next year when we have to file college forms again !!) Of course, I want Stephanie to get in everywhere she applies, but I kinda wish the colleges had a fast reject button if there's no hope. Then we wouldn't have to file FinAid forms with 6 schools. (One of her friend's applied to 10+ schools - imagine that !!)

And, I have posted a picture of our Almost Snow. Four hours of beatiful fluffy snow, followed by 15 hours of steady rain. And of course, the ground is frozen, so lots of localized flooding. The kids did have a 2 hr delayed opening because of ice. Panther is making me crazy - she prowls my office, and occassionally steps on my keyboard with interesting results --- cabin fever !! (As of this minute, Panther is hiding behind the printer after growling at Oreo !)

All is well here. I stupidly volunteered at a Career Day on Saturday, which conflicts with my sewing time. Work has picked up a little, which is good. The homeowners here seem to be suffering from the Lake Woebegone effect. You know - It's so sad all the OTHER people are having such problems with value - In OUR neighborhood, well, prices are still increasing...

Kids are well. Report cards came out - mostly okay. Just don't ask Stephanie about Multi-variable Calculus...Stephanie is still working at Stop N Shop. Erica will be working at GS camp this summer - she's looking forward to that. Brian will be at camp most of the summer.

Jeff is in a training class these 2 weeks, which he says is really boring....
So, off to work for me.




No comments: