Saturday, February 2, 2008

New Chinchillas!


So, yesterday, Erica, Mom (laura) and i went to go pick up our brand-new chinchilla! We got her from two college students, who have been breeding chinchillas in their laundry room. It's a female, and we named her 'Zodiac'. We bought her an enormous cage, (which is now residing in Erica's room) but the people who sold us the chinchilla told us that we needed to replace all the plastic in it with wood, because chinchillas like to chew. In the beginning of march, we're going to get a companion for her. Right now she's still to young, but at the chinchilla place they still let us hold and pet her. Sorry the pictures so blurry, she just won't stay still!

3 comments:

Ginny Axtell said...

When I was in college, I managed to keep one of those ducks they sell at Easter in my room for a few weeks. Not being an entrepreneur at that time, I never thought of expanding the brood. I'm impressed! Are you going to breed chinchillas in Erica's room?

Kristin said...

I love how soft chinchillas are! Yours is such a pretty color, too. How big will she get?

Brian said...

well, chinchillas don't get too big. just like, the size of a rabbit.