Thursday, February 21, 2008

Last night there was a great full lunar eclipse. it was the last one until 2010. I thought i'd post some pictures that i took for extra credit in science class, i don't know if anyone else caught it. It went from about 9-11 EST (6-8 west coast time). it looked like something was taking bites out of the moon, until it was all gone and it turned blood red! I read on the internet that it's because of the suns rays going through Earth's atmosphere and striking the moon. Apparently there's even going to be a solar eclipse in early august, except i don't think it'll be visible from America. The pictures aren't too good because i just took them with my digital camera, but still, enjoy!

2 comments:

Ginny Axtell said...

Good job! Thanks for sharing the pictures. We were all set to watch it in San Antonio, but it was too cloudy.

Val said...

Hi Brian, those are incredible pictures - I missed it because I was in Chicago and it was way too cold!