Sunday, February 3, 2008

Transcript

I sent for my transcript as requested by the staffing employee at the temp agency. She assured me that my college would still have it available. Sure enough, it did, but not in the computerized format she had probably expected. It took two weeks to get it and it still looks like the original typewritten page (complete with strike-overs instead of corrections). How archaic this seems now!

I visualize someone wandering through a dark musty basement, prowling through stacks of cardboard boxes, and wondering why the h... a 73-year-old lady needs a transcript!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whoa - way cool - you should frame that !! I may be in the same position myself - I am thinking of getting some sort of medical back office certication from the local community college. If you have a transcript, you can eliminate a bunch of courses.